Anniversary

Koa's Age

Baby K #2 Countdown

 BabyFruit Ticker

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Once a teacher, always a teacher...

This post spontaneously deleted, so here it is again!

I love staying home with Koa and watching him learn, and he enjoys coloring and reading books. So, when I found this website (abcjesuslovesme.com) that has a curriculum for two-year-olds, I was really excited! Now, we have fun ideas to do during the week! I know Koa is too young to sit down for long periods of time, so we use it more for when we want to do something together. Each week we have a book of the week (with crafts to go with it), color, shape, number, group of letters, Bible story (and crafts to go with it), music that goes with the Bible story, and even gross and fine motor skills to practice. Here is what we have done the first two weeks:

Week One: Llama Llama Red Pajama (we love this one)
Week Two: When the Elephant Walks

Week One: Color-red, Shape-circle
Week Two: Color-blue, Shape-straight line

Week Two: God made the plants finger painting craft (I love that the leaves are his feet!)

Koa and Gaine playing with the finger paints after making their flowers!

We have been learning about Creation. You can see the pages for the book he is making: Day One-God made night and day; Day Two-God made the water and sky (he got to glue cotton balls down for clouds); Day Three-God made plants.

After I helped him glue down the tree and paint a couple of flowers, he is using his "marker water colors" for the first time to decorate his picture!

No comments: