Anniversary

Koa's Age

Baby K #2 Countdown

 BabyFruit Ticker

Monday, February 28, 2011

Gasparilla Birthday Weekend

I couldn't have asked for a better birthday weekend! The weather was gorgeous and we spent a lot of time outside at the Gasparilla races and the beach! Here is the weekend in pictures: Koa started eating "real" food in the last week.

Here he is enjoying kidney beans, zucchini, banana, and pasta.


Daddy described Koa best when he called him "Koa and Clark" and "Koalumbus" as he is such an explorer right now! Here he is exploring the dining room table and chairs. (I love his diaper butt!)



Thanks, Mom and Dad, for the awesome new watch. I am so happy that I don't have to wear my work out watch to work anymore! My clock in my classroom does not work and a watch is a must with 7th graders who are constantly wanting to write passes to go to various places to get out of math class! :)

Joey started my birthday off with some delicious cinnamon rolls--they were so good I would miss a flight for them! ;) Thanks to Joey's mom who stopped by and brought over a wonderful goody basket with lots of great treats.

Koa and I spent some time with Ashley and Justin at the pool before work. Koa even took his morning nap at the pool once I put his pack and play behind the brick pillar so he couldn't see us!






After a great afternoon at work (I think I still smelled like coconuts from the sun block), we went on an adventure to the Gasparilla race expo to pick up our race packets and out to dinner.

We signed up to do the 5k walk this year so that we could bring Koa in his stroller. Joey's mom, Joey, and I enjoyed pushing Koa in his first race. I was pregnant with Koa last year when we did this race, and this year he had his very own bib number and got a medal at the end!





Katie seemed to really enjoy her first race, too!






Mommy's Gasparilla Half Marathon

Official results:



Mommy is finished!



Ashley finished in 1:44!! Go Ashley!!!




After the race, we made our way to Siesta Key for a beach day with Ashley and Justin. Koa loved playing in the sand and water and even took a nap in his stroller!







We took Koa's baby bathtub and water so he can rinse the sand and salt water off before we went to dinner!




Looking forward to another great birthday weekend next weekend for Daddy!

1 comment:

Drew and Kristin said...

Loved seeing the pictures and hearing your fun birthday weekend! :)

~ Kristin