Anniversary

Koa's Age

Baby K #2 Countdown

 BabyFruit Ticker

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Koa's Grand Entrance

Koa's due date came and went. I was wondering if we were going to make it all the way to his "Eviction Date" and end up being induced. Koa had other plans. I followed my brother's advice and ate the hot salsa at Chipotle after picking up my dad from the airport the day after Koa's due date. Once we got home it was nap time for everyone. Koa woke me up from my nap at 4:15 and I told Joey that "it was time." My water broke. We knew this meant Koa would be here within 24 hours thanks to our knowledge from our labor and delivery classes! We gathered up the remaining items to pack in our bags and off to the hospital we went. All of the neighbors happened to be out in their yards, so we had quite the send off! Little did we know what we were in store for...28.5 hours later, Koa arrived! Joey did an excellent job of supporting me through the entire process, recording the details of the entire experience, and creating an amazing slide show. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Drew and Kristin said...

What a neat slide show! We can't wait to meet him in a few days! :)

~ Kristin

Kaleikinis said...

Thanks, Kristin! Joey secretly made the slide show the first night in the hospital. I was so surprised--definitely something I will always treasure!

Summer Melin said...

I've been thinking of you a lot lately and LOVED watching this slide show! Good job Joey! Wish I could be there to see you and little Koa. Congrats again - he is perfect! I miss you!