Joey and I went to dinner at "our restaurant" for one more date night before I started teaching again (or so Joey thought). He had just completed his anual physical fitness assessment for the Sheriff's Office, so I told him I had gotten him a gift for doing so well. Once we got to dinner, I gave him his congratulations card and gift. He opened up a baby book and bib. There was a look of complete confusion for about 2.2 seconds before he wrapped his mind around what this meant. The look of confusion instantly became a look of surprise and pure joy. It felt so good to finally tell him the news since our work schedules were not conducive to breaking the exciting news for three days! Baby K is due April 24, 2010!

It was great to finally see the little heart beat and even hear it at 7 weeks! Amazing!

When we went back for our next doctor's appointment at 12 weeks, the little guy was not cooperating and the doctor could not find the heart beat with the doppler device, so he sent us for another ultrasound so we could see the heart beat. What a difference 5 weeks makes! And boy, was he moving around!

We had a scheduled ultrasound just one week later, so we were able to see him again at 13 weeks for a routine test. We got a really good picture of his little legs kicking around. The ultrasound technician told us she thought he looked like a boy--we will see if she is right in another couple months!
No comments:
Post a Comment